Thursday 19 October 2017

YPGTTO: Adding Sign Post Text #1

It's bizarre thinking how long ago I began testing how to composite in the text elements for YPGTTO. The method I came up with months ago no longer is relevant due to the camera rig that ended up being used in Maya. In a way, this is actually good since doing this purely in After Effects is much faster (although it can be quite fiddly to track the motion). Luckily most of the shots appear to be relatively simple and have limited movement...although I know there will also be some more complex shots.

Here is a selection of some of the shots I've made so far (these are not the final composite yet). So far The Viola District has been the most difficult and none of them are perfect...but at the moment I need to at least go through each district once and if there is time I can go back and tweak things more. For the most part I've used a combination of different settings in the AE Tracker menu to both 'Track Motion' and 'Track Camera' depending on the results. Some I've hand animated or only needed to be positioned.


 



1 comment:

  1. Dee! These are the first time I'm seeing these - not only in terms of the text (congrats!) but just seeing everything together - sky pass, beauty pass etc. Looking lovely! :D

    ReplyDelete