Wednesday 2 May 2018

Major Project: Soundscape Progress Update 002

Here's another update on my soundscape. I haven't gotten as far as I'd like to, but I had to spend a bit of time finding some more sound effects I wanted. One of the main things I added was the sound of fluorescent lightbulbs buzzing throughout the majority of the film. It's a bit quiet in places right now, but again, once everything is in place I'll go back and tweak the volumes. 

I want to also adjust the sounds more when I discuss the positive aspects of family as I'm not 100% happy with it, but I also suspect here is when the music will be more prominent.


I created my own white noise sound effect by using the 'generate' tool and then deleting parts of the clip, stretching it, and changing around the pitch. I tried to create a similar effect for the bees so it flowed better than it would be if I just slapped on a buzzing insect sound. 

In general I spent some time moving some clips around as it took a few tries to find the whispers that I felt work best at the different parts of the animation. While I wish I've made more progress, I'm excited how it's beginning to shape up.

 

1 comment:

  1. so... I'd be interested in you really going for it in terms of the 'bees' sound design - I look at that footage and my ears are expecting to an assault of angry words and whispers - really layered, really immersive, really 'swallowed up' - it might be too much, it might not work, but it feels to me as if you should push the dial up to 10 and then see where that leaves you.

    ReplyDelete