Thursday 4 January 2018

Minor Project: Dissolve/Erosion using Fractal Noise Test #1

After getting some feedback in regards to my bleach/dissolve test, I wanted to experiment with some other ways I could make my object look as if it is dissolving or eroding away. In After Effects, I created a square composition, created a solid layer then added the fractal noise effect to it. I adjusted the settings so it started off white then dissolved away into black. I exported it into a tiff sequence and plugged it into the Displacement Material channel on my orb so the fractal noise would animate the height. I also plugged the map into the specular colour, hoping that the material being 'revealed' would be at least different than the original one. I wasn't sure if this would work, but I'm quite happy with the outcome. I'd like to experiment more with plugging the fractal noise into different channels and trying out different animations in After Effects to see what results I can get. 


2 comments: