Thursday 14 December 2017

Minor Project: Sponge 001-015 (With Labels)

I've now added the labels onto my renders that have all of the settings I played around with in the renders. I mostly experimented with the SubSurface settings including using different colours (reds, oranges, yellows, and greens) to see what different results I would get along with experimenting with the scale setting. I also experimented a bit with the displacement settings, which were set to 0.030 for the majority of the renders but near the end I tried 0.100, 0.200, and 0.050 to see what they would look like. I found that the displacement settings can be glitchy sometimes and you may need to play around with the other settings for it to recognise you changed the values on other channels.
















Out of these, I like 005, 010, and 011 the most. I feel the other ones appear too 'thick' and the shadows can appear too dark (although this may be due to the lighting). I may do a few more experiments with the sponge settings that I prefer just so I can see what it looks like in different types of lighting. I may also experiment with different colours for the sponge other than yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment