Tuesday 5 December 2017

Minor Project: Projection Reflection/Refraction Test #1

One of the experiments on my list was to test out how a projection may behave when projected through several layers of geometry or through several 'screens' or 'walls'. To do this, I created a wave using a polygon plane extruded on a cure I created in the side view. I then mixed together a combination of different presents on the aiStandardSurface material including clear water, deep water, glass, and frosted glass. I then added a gobo filter with my footage onto the spot light and adjusted the rays in the render settings to try and ensure the light would pass through all of the layers.



It was difficult to see the results at first, and I tried my best to render out something that was interesting (apologies if the quality seems low, since this is just a test I didn't want it to take too long to render and I also time stretched the footage so it would go slower). I think this has potential, but at the moment I found it somewhat difficult to control. But I do think the use of transparent or semi-transparent objects or reflections may be interesting in combination with some of the previous tests I have done. I think this sort of thing needs further experimentation and research before I decide if it's something useful or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment