Friday 15 December 2017

Minor Project: Material Influence Maps #1

Now that I'm planning on moving onto some other textures/materials, I thought it would be a good idea to share some influence maps showing some images that I looked at while creating my ice and sponge textures. Since I'm trying to achieve relatively realistic results, I know that looking at reference is very important (for some materials I may go out and find reference myself so I can look at them more in person). These textures may still require some tweaking as time goes on, but I also want to move onto textures such as chicken skin.

For the snow/ice texture, I decided to go with ice because it reminded me of the frozen lake in front of my grandparent's house. I may see if I can add some snow details onto it or perhaps find some special effects to give it a sort of dry ice fog/mist effect. For the sponge I looked both at sea sponges and synthetic sponges and I may still experiment with some other colours. I have begun looking at both chicken skin and human skin for reference, I'm pretty sure I'm going to go for a raw chicken skin rather than a cooked one as raw meat - especially poultry - is repulsive to me and I'm often nervous about handling.




No comments:

Post a Comment