Thursday 28 December 2017

Minor Project: After Effects Autotrace & Reshape Attempt #1

I wanted to experiment with some other ways I may be able to morph objects if I decide I want to do this. I went into After Effects and used the autotrace tool to create masks that could be used for the reshape effect. I also then precomposed these layers so I could create another mask to trim off any bits of the underlying crystal that extended beyond the orb layer too soon. There are a few odd glitches in there, and I think that is because it seems the points on the masks change each frame...so I think that makes the correspondence points bug out and flip. Saying this, the objects were both animated and moving, so perhaps if I choose to use this method it'll be important to have the objects mostly stationary to prevent jumping. It is far from perfect, but it is a start.



No comments:

Post a Comment