Wednesday 22 November 2017

Minor Project: Orb Test #1

For this experiment I wanted to see how it would look if I tried to include my textures/objects in a real photograph. Obviously this isn't perfect as I just found some images online so the perspective isn't completely correct, but I think it looks interesting. I also realised after I rendered it that I accidentally used a black and white version of my image in the reflection on the orb (I was experimenting both with colour and black & white...the still image uses the coloured version) but for this test I just left it. In AE I added in some motion blur onto the orb as it morphs.

I tried to play with the idea that the objects become 'agitated' when certain phrases or words are said...to morph the orb I used a sine deformer. I also grouped the orb and the deformer and animated the position and rotation of the group. This was created using Mental Ray for now, but once I have access to Arnold again I'd like to see how this sort of thing works using the crystal/glass shader I used on my Crystal experiment along with some other materials. I think it may also be interesting to see what other effects I may be able to add in AE to enhance it, but I do not want to overcomplicate things or 'decorate' it too much.




2 comments:

  1. I'm sure I've shared this with you before... but in light of this test, I'm sharing it again... this is probably my favourite piece if work a student of ours has made (though Tom was a graduate when he was commissioned to create this music video for Collectress...)

    https://vimeo.com/112996987

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you have :) I actually have it in my interim crit presentation...I like how the CGI elements look in a real image so I wanted to try to imitate that and animations like The Node so I can see if I can accomplish something similar then use it in my own way later down the line

      Delete