Monday 16 October 2017

YPGTTO: The Kingdom of Sound - Selection of Finale Pre-vis Scenes

I've recently been working on some of the chunkier shots for the finale that involve the Conductor statue and the glowing city. This was quite a challenge at times since the massive glowing city caused the scenes to become laggy, especially as I adjusted the shaders per shot to enhance the glowing appearance.




















I also worked on the final shot of YPGTTO, which called for a 'Saturn ring' of colourful music notes - with a red and yellow note highlighted in the group as our protagonists. For this shot I created a volume particle emitter and adjusted some of the settings so the particles moved and rotated around the city. I then used an instance node to add in the music notes, then I adjusted some of the other settings so the note generation was randomised. The Red and Yellow notes I placed in and animated on their own so I could have better control of their movements and shaders. After this, I went into AE and added a glow effect to those two notes so they stood out from the rest of them.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment