Friday 27 October 2017

YPGTTO: Adding Sign Post Text #3

I've now finished adding the different languages to any scenes that had signs. Most of them went along nicely - The Harp and Trumpet Districts proved to be very challenging. For those Districts the camera trackers didn't seem to work - so for The Trumpet District I animated it by hand and The Harp District I resorted to making render passes in Maya.





For The Overture we needed a Destination Board with flipping text. In order to achieve this in a timely manner and still be able to track it on top of the Beauty Pass, I used a plugin to help animate the letters. This shot took a long time because it was about 35 layers worth of text that needed to be changed for every language.







We also encountered some problems with the 'You Are Here' sign - we were missing The Harp District section and wanted to combine the Violin sections into one piece. To do this I used shapes and masks to reshape the sign then made a pre-comp so that could then be tracked and animated to match the camera movement. I also had to alter parts of of the 'Back Stage' Beauty Pass for the first shot of The Overture so all of the languages could be added. I also added in a spotlight effect and some shadows.





No comments:

Post a Comment