Sunday 14 May 2017

Maya Lighting & Rendering 2: Mental Ray Part 3 - Linear Work Flow

This tutorial goes over Gamma Response Curves, RGB Profiles, and how they impact they way images appear within Maya and when they are rendered. This tutorial worked differently for me because I had Maya 2016, but I wanted to ensure I got the tutorial done so I had an understanding of the topics discussed in it. For the most part I was able to follow, the settings were just in different places and certain things didn't make a difference, such as changing the colour profile on the normal maps. Despite this, I thing I better understand what was discussed in the tutorial which was somewhat confusing until seeing it used within Maya itself. This was the last Lighting & Rendering 2 tutorial I needed to complete.





No comments:

Post a Comment