Saturday 4 March 2017

Adaptation B: Audio Wave Node Test #4

Since I wasn't that happy with how the Audio Wave Node worked to animate the joints, I wanted to try animating some diffuse, normal, and specular maps. I attached the output of the Audio Wave node to the Offset U and Offset V on the 2d Texture nodes. I may combine it with animation on the joints, but I'm not sure how I want to animate that just yet...if I want to experiment more with the Audio Wave Node, if I want to try something else to drive the animation, or doing it traditionally. I quite like how it looks, but I cannot figure out how to batch render the animations instead of playblasting. I read that since in the Batch Renderer does not take audio into account and since the Audio Wave Node is part of Bonus Tools, it won't render out any animations driven by it. I'm not sure if there is a way to bake the animation or not just yet but I'll keep playing around with it.

 


3 comments:

  1. You could try the same technique with displacement maps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Part 8:

    https://sites.google.com/site/digitalmcguffin/home/lighting-rendering/lighting-rendering-2-mental-ray-lighting-techniques

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'll watch that tutorial and try out using displacement maps as well :)

      Delete