Saturday 25 February 2017

Adaptation B: Audio Wave Node Test #1

Today I've been trying to load up the Bonus Tools into Maya. It has caused me lots of problems and the individual plug-in bundles were not wanting to load into my Plug-in Manager. After quite a long time of messing around with my files in both Maya 2016 and Maya 2016 Extension 2 (which still causes me problems sometimes) I was able to load the plug-ins up on both versions. I chose to play with the Audio Wave Node with a random piece of music from Bensound.com just to see if I could get it to work. I used a video on YouTube to help me out, however it was done quite a few years ago so I had to figure out a lot of things on my own. Overall, I was able to connect the Audio Wave Node to a Time node, then go back and attach the Audio Wave node to different attributes on a deformer that I was using to move a sphere around. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to get it to batch render correctly but I'll continue to play about with this and see what is going wrong (either the sphere is stationary like there is no animation on it, or the rendered images are pure white). In the meantime, I simply playblasted it. It's not massively impressive, but I've managed to get certain things moving using a piece of music by using both the Hypershade and the Connection Editor...so it's a start. Also, in order to get the Time Node and the Audio Wave Node into the Hypershade, I had to mess with some settings in the outliner so I could find them but luckily I figured that out.






No comments:

Post a Comment