Friday 15 July 2016

Personal Work: Giacometti Fan Art (with buildup GIF)

My family here in America have been keeping me pretty busy over the last few weeks as we travel between New Jersey, Vermont and New York. However, in the evenings and on rainy days I try to keep myself busy with some digital painting and sketching. Alberto Giacometti is my favourite artist, and I heard that there is an exhibition going on in Norwich with some of his work that I hope I can go to when I return to England next month. So until then I decided to return to a sketch I made while visiting an exhibition in London called Pure Presence last December featuring Giacometti's work.




I didn't use the actual sculpture as reference, I just used my sketch and just tried going with what I thought looked right. I might return to some of the other sketches, make some new ones (I'd like to do one of his dog sculpture) or even rework some that I made a few years ago in Sixth Form. Maybe I'll even attempt to bring one of them into Maya somehow...I'm not sure how I'd do it but there's no harm in trying it out I suppose.

1 comment: