Saturday 23 January 2016

From Script to Screen: Post OGR Influence Maps - Space Station Exterior/Interior

I think I'm going to try to design my space station first after I make a few more influence maps regarding different alien species. I want to do the space station first as I've never drawn anything really mechanical like a space station before. I'm going to try to keep it simple and sleek looking. I'd rather it look really futuristic and clean (ex. like the Naboo space ships in Star Wars or the station in 2001: A Space Odyssey) instead of gritty with lots of panels (ex. the Nostromo from Alien or the Millennium Falcon from Star wars). I might have the ship have a big center with four outcropping wings of the station (where maybe the different aliens go for their jobs? and all of the aliens go to the center to 'sleep'?) and I imagine it looking similar to a large office or a shopping mall because of the different levels and platforms. The inside of the ship I think will also be sleek, and will have different computer terminals, escape pods and air vents.



No comments:

Post a Comment