Thursday 21 January 2016

From Script to Screen: Post OGR Thoughts

After reading my OGR feedback I had a rush of ideas for my story. I quickly wrote them down so any feedback would be nice, especially regarding different alien races. I'm a bit nervous about having multiple races because I'm going to have a lot of things to design including the exterior/interior of the ship, the protagonist (must stand out compared to the other aliens within her race), the protagonist's race, any other races, the guards, any weapons, the Compass, and things like the pods and terminals. I'm sure I'll sort something out as I think the background aliens can be slightly more generic in my storyboard/animatic at least.

I'm also concerned about how the animatic has to be 1-2 minutes long and due to the high action in my story, I'm unsure where my animatic might stand within that time limit. Luckily I think I can set things up visually pretty fast so I'll see how it all goes, any feedback regarding my new ideas would be appreciated.




1 comment:

  1. Hey Dee! I really like the idea of the space station being designed like a physical compass with the 4 segments and I think its quite a nice way to help you start designing it! I think that's a nice idea!

    Also, had you thought about the 4 races each belonging to a different segment of the ship? and congregating in one lobby like area? a bit like the way 'Wreck It Ralph' has that train station area where all the characters pass each other?

    ReplyDelete