Wednesday 20 January 2016

Character Design: Props

Today we focused on designing props. First we were given a character and we had to make props that belonged to that character. I got Winnie the Pooh, so I started off by making him some boots, mittens and some other winter attire. However, I agreed that these objects were too generic and 'safe' so I then designed a hot air balloon, a slingshot and a hammer inspired by a honey dipper.




After that we were each given a room and tasked with creating objects that are actually characters themselves. I got living room so I created a chair that inspired by my grandfather, who would sit in his big leather chair and look grumpy (even if he really wasn't). I also created a character using a stereo system although I feel he could've used a more vibrant personality.


No comments:

Post a Comment