Wednesday 27 January 2016

Character Design: Environments

Today we went over how important environments were and that the environment itself should be considered a character as it can tell a story on its own. We were then given a set of words to use to create an environment. I was given something along the lines of an abandoned science lab...I cannot remember exactly what it was. I brainstormed some ideas including what type of scientists worked there, what objects/tools would be around, and why was it abandoned. I played around with the idea of astronomy (telescopes, models of planets) and geology (minerals, crystals) but I didn't feel that was working. I then doodled some objects inspired by Tesla coils and came up with the idea that some scientists were experimenting with plants. One of these plants mutated into a carnivorous beast and ate the scientists, hence the lab was 'abandoned'.





No comments:

Post a Comment