Monday 9 November 2015

What If? Metropolis - Main Building Thumbnail/Colour Test

I found making some thumbnails using Illustrator very useful, turning forms into architecture seemed to come a lot easier this way. I really liked this design and I think I'll probably develop more thumbnails based off of this (still using Illustrator). Depending on how this goes, I can see this being my 'hero prop' (in my case, the library which is the centre of Denoria). I also experimented with colours and putting the building within the environment I planned my city to be in, although I know I need to play around with scale more since the trees look a lot bigger than the building.

I really like how this turned out and I enjoy the colours, I think it captures that beautiful yet gloomy mood I want it to have. I ended up making parts of the building look like cages because of the wooden sculptures that Deacon makes (here is an example). I wanted to make sure that the building still felt airy and lyrical. In my Travelogue I describe that the buildings almost whistle/sing in the wind so I imagined that there would be gaps that could possibly make sounds when wind blew through them. Feedback welcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment